Monday, July 30, 2012

DIY collar necklace





Being sick these past few weeks was definitely a bummer, especially with the fact that I realized my holiday is closely coming to an end. However, since I'm feeling way better now, I'm keeping my promise for that DIY post I hinted earlier this month.

I saw these fantastic collar necklaces from bond hardware a while ago, and I was inspired to make my own version of it. All you need to prepare is your very own statement item, and an adjustable chain necklace to hold it.

Materials you will need,
- 2 wallet chains
- 1 connector ring / jump ring
- Your choice of statement item
  note: it could be a small brooch, or even a door lock. Try anything, and have fun with it. Just make sure that it has an open hole or an
  area in which the chain hooks can be attached.




Here are the steps,
1. Connect the first chain with the ring, based on how low you wanted the necklace to hang above the collar. The closer you get with the hook end, the higher the necklace will sit below the collar.
2. Do the same with the second chain.
3. Attach both chain hooks with the statement item.
4. Voila!
     note: you can always adjust the length of the chain necklace depending on how you want the piece to suit your outfit








shirt - 16DS
skull brooch - Kandura
 denim shirt & leather jacket - unbranded

No comments:

Post a Comment