I've missed blogging. So, to finally have some spare time, I decided to post this DIY project I did a while back. If you remembered a few posts ago, I wore this givenchy-inspired plastic lanyard, and now I'm going to share how you could make your own!
Materials you will need,
- transparent pvc / plastic table cloth
- studeds / rivets
- key chain link
- a key
Here are the steps,
1. Cut a long strip of the plastic, with a width of 2.5 cm and 80 cm in length
2. Cut another strip, with the same width but 6 cm in length
3. Slide the smaller strip through the keyring, then fold
4. Place both ends of the longer strip, and place it in between the folded smaller strip
5. Apply the rivets on the intersection of the 2 plastic components, to hold them in place
6. Attach the link and the key to the keyring
Do note that because its plastic, it can get wrinkly when folded. If it happened, just straightened it out by hanging it on a coat rack or even a door knob, it doesn't really matter. Other than that, I just love the utilitarian feel of the necklace. I might be making another one with a different material.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this post, and let me know how yours turned out if you decided to make one. Good luck! :)