Sunday, November 27, 2011

brightspot market 2011




I'm back in Jakarta, my lovely hometown, just in time for the annual brightspot market. Held in Plaza Senayan this year, everything gets bigger and better. More space and even more talented local young designers. I can feel the creativity in the air as I step inside the hall area.






awesome studded biker jacket by 16DS

hand made resin jewellery from greedysassy

Amongst the many labels and stores that participated, including Santalum, Satcas, Mannequin plastic, Kandura ceramics, Unkl347,  HGLhouse, Jansport, etc. But one of my most anticipated brand is Nikicio. A friend of mine, Sasha just told me about her about a month ago and I fell in love completely, especially because she released an awesome fashion film for one of her collection. And most of her clothes looked even better in person (as I have only seen it via the website).



some of the gorgeous wool prints peeping through from the rack

 wool coat from the Mixté Le Printemps 2012 collection,
with the incredible ceramics beading from kandura ceramics

the very lovely Nina Nikicio herself

The acrylic black clutch, transparent skateboard deck, and the organza blazer by Nikicio (sorry, I forgot to take the pic) was still running through my head even when I was already on my way home. I know, I should've bought some of them first. However, since I'm still saving up my money for something else, I'll probably buy them later, I hope sometime soon :) But to cheer up myself, I bought this cool blue skull ring from greedysassy





Overall, today had been beyond awesome. I was very inspired by the talents that was evident at the brighspot market. Reassuring me how much I (and should've been for a long time) love and feel proud of my beloved country, Indonesia. In addition, I also met Arto, Karina, and Adrian; friends of mine from high school while shopping there.

So, I hope you guys had a fantastic weekend as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment